A layer of pecan pie with a layer of pumpkin cheesecake on top, in a graham cracker crust and topped with glazed pecans and whipped cream rosettes.
This recipe for the Cheesecake Factory pumpkin pecan cheesecake, combines the flavors of your favorite Thanksgiving desserts–pumpkin pie, pecan pie, and cheesecake–to create this luscious holiday dessert. A sweet praline topping sends this one over the edge.
How-to video to prepare pecans for Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake
Cheesecake Factory Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Recipe
To begin with, let’s make up the glazed pecans.
3 c. sugar
1/2 t. cream of tartar
1 c. water
perfect pecan halves
Combine the sugar, cream of tartar and water in a saucepan, stirring until the sugar is dissolved, scraping the sides of the pan to remove the sugar crystals, then cook without stirring until it threads crisply when dropped from a spoon.
Using a long sharp pin, stick into a pecan half and dip into the sugar. Set on a piece of buttered wax paper to cool and harden. Set aside.
Ok, now for the cake…
PUMPKIN PECAN CHEESECAKE:
1 graham cracker crust 10- inch spring form pan.
3 T. butter, melted
1/2 c. sugar
1 c. dark corn syrup
1 t. vanilla
Preheat oven 350*
Combine in a medium bowl, the eggs, melted butter, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla. Pour into a 10-inch , graham cracker crust, spring form pan, cover with the pecans. Bake 20 minutes or until the filling is firm, but not fully cook. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack, while making the cheesecake.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
2 1/2 lb. cream cheese
1 c. sugar
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
2 T. all-purpose flour
2 t. ground cinnamon
1 t. ground cloves
1 t. ground ginger
1 c. heavy cream
1 T. vanilla
1 can (1 lb) mashed pumpkin
Preheat oven 425*.
1. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, eggs and yolks.
2. Add the flour, cinnamon, cloves and ginger.
3. Beat in the cream and vanilla, then add the mashed pumpkin and beat, medium speed, electric mixer , until thoroughly combined.
4. Pour the mixture over the pecan layer and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 275* and bake for 1 hour. Turn off the heat and leave the cake in the oven overnight to cool.
5. Top the cake with the glazed pecans, making circles from the outside, then another one inside the first row, repeating to the center of the cake. Make whipped cream rosettes around the outside of the cake and you should have it.