Here’s a great recipe for the Cheescake Factory’s classic pumpkin cheesecake, and one of their fine chefs also reveals his secret recipe for pumpkin cheesecake pops.
Here’s a recipe for the original classic cheesecake with delicious spiced pumpkin filling, a graham cracker crust and finished with whipped cream rosettes and chopped pecans. A how-to video from Cheesecake Factory chef, Scott Pickering, and one from an 8 year old girl, makes it easy to create these wonderful treats in time to make you the dessert holiday hero.
Cheesecake Factory pumpkin cheesecake recipe
Prep Time: 25 mins Total Time: 3 hrs 25 mins
Preparation time does not include chill time.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted ( divided use)
- 2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 3/4 cups sugar ( divided use)
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1 pinch salt ( divided use)
- 2 lbs cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (15 ounce) cans pumpkin puree
- 6 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1/3 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
1. Position a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees.
2. Brush a 10 inch springform pan with some of the butter;stir remaining butter into graham cracker crumbs with 1/4 cup sugar and pinch salt.
3. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of pan , packing it tightly and evenly.
4. Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Cool on rack, then wrap outside of springform pan with heavy duty foil and place in a roasting pan.
6. Bring a medium pot of water to boil.
7. Meanwhile beat cream cheese with a mixer until smooth; add remaining 2 1/2 cups sugar and beat until just light, scraping down sides of bowl and beaters as needed.
8. Beat in the sour cream, then add pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves and beat until just combined; pour into cooled crust.
9. Without pulling rack out, gently place roasting pan in oven and pour boiling water into roasting pan until it comes about halfway up side of springform pan.
10. Bake until outside of cheesecake sets but center is still loose, about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
11. Turn off oven and open door briefly to let out some heat.
12. Leave cheesecake in oven for 1 more hour, then carefully remove from roasting pan and cool on a rack.
13. Run a knife around edges of springform pan, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
14. Bring cheesecake to room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
15. Unlock and remove springform ring.
16. To finish, place a dollop of whipped cream on each slice and sprinkile with toasted pecans.
Cheesecake Factory chef’s secret pumpkin cheesecake pops recipe
• Pumpkin Cheesecake slices (deeply chilled)
• Lollipop sticks
• Your favorite toppings (chopped pecans, white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, etc.)
Chocolate Shell Mixture
• 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet white chocolate chips
• 1 ¼ cups milk chocolate chips
• 4 tbs. unsalted butter
1. For the chocolate shell mixture: Melt the chocolate with 2 tbs. butter in a microwave or over the stove. Heat on medium heat for 30 seconds at a time, stirring occasionally until the butter and chocolate are completely melted.
Once mixture is lump free, add the remaining 2 tbs. of butter and stir until melted to working temperature (100’F – 105’F).
2. Begin with the seasonal Pumpkin Cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
3. Use small scoop to create round balls in the shape of lollipops.
4. Place a lollipop stick in the center of the cheesecake balls.
5. “Deeply chill” cheesecake lollipop balls by placing in freezer for 1 – 2 hours. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
6. Remove from freezer. Completely submerge the cheesecake Lollipop in melted chocolate (see above recipe for melted chocolate). Be sure to cover the entire ball keeping a clean stick for a handle. (Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the lollipop.)
7. Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
8. Immediately roll them in chopped pecan or candy toppings. Set on a sheet pan.
9. Once the slice has been dipped and garnished, return to the freezer to set. After setting, each lollipop can be wrapped in a cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.
10. Bon Appétit